Saturday, August 8, 2009

Shannon & Jesse ~ The Henry Ford Estate Wedding Photos






















With Michigan roads being what they are, I arrived early at Shannon’s Northville home a wee bit, lotta bit early and was able to watch all the comings and goings of the day.... all the bridesmaids coming, the mailbox going (as the limo ran it over!). My favorite part of the day is just seeing that transformation of the bride from regular chick (with spectacular hair!) to the fairy tale bride. It was a great way to get to know Shannon’s family a bit before heading off the watch the guys getting ready. Now there was an entirely unfamiliar scene at the hotel with the guys. They were taking turns ironing, yes, ironing their handkerchiefs when I got there. It was so methodical and surreal to watch all these grown men being so meticulous! Needless to say, we got some fun photos before I made my third stop to the Henry Ford Estate in Dearborn, Michigan. This again is one of my favorite places to shoot. It’s a lot of schlepping for me, but I love the surroundings, the old building and like Addison Oaks, the Henry Ford Estate also has a great, attentive staff. They’re always hustling around, yet invisible at the same time. Very attentive and intuitive. The place is gorgeous and again we had fabulous weather and were able to take some great shots before the ceremony. Jesse’s grandfather is German, so they did the traditional log cutting ceremony after their kiss. It’s supposed to signify their ability to do a difficult task together as husband and wife. I’ve only seen this done once before (and they cheated a bit with something that more closely resembled a twig!). Lots of fun to watch and photograph. My slideshow was playing in the room between the dinner and the dancing. All 140 guests stopped into that room to watch the show. Great reactions from everybody... so much so that my night ended with the maid of honor chasing me out the door to see if I had her date available! Jesse and Shannon danced perhaps the most memorable first dance ever... a finely choreographed disco number that had everybody on their feet. Great fun! If you’d like to see more photos from this Henry Ford Estates wedding, please check my other blog at www.themichiganweddingphotographer.blogspot.com! I would be remiss if I didn't mention Shannon's florist, Carol Fitzpatrick from Happiness Is... The Little Flower Shop in Farmington Hills, MI. Shannon wanted to create bouquets featuring Michigan flowers and Carol created stunning, colorful, one of a kind bouquets. Shannon's alone had something like 23 different flowers native to Michigan. Unbelievable flowers!


No comments:

Post a Comment