Thursday, August 20, 2009

Anne Marie & Chris - Grosse Pointe Academy Chapel






























I’d e-mailed quite a bit back and forth with Anne Marie and I loved her right away since she initially contacted me a year ago asking if I’d ever shot a wedding at the Grosse Pointe Academy. It turns out the night I got her e-mail, I’d not only just returned from shooting a wedding at the Grosse Pointe Academy Chapel, but the bride at that wedding was also named.... Anne Marie! So two major coincidences later, I was booked! We had fabulous weather. Turns out while the rest of Michigan was roasting, we were fine down by the water.  Even the boys seems a-okay in their three piece suits. With a wedding party clocking in at 24, I want to say... what a cooperative group of people! If you’re going to have a huge wedding party... hire these guys. They followed my limited instructions, were eager to listen to and please Chris and Anne Marie and they were really upbeat. Just my kind of group! After the full mass ceremony we were able to scoot over to the Three Mile Park in Grosse Point for some VERY fast group photos on their boardwalk. Then we headed over to the reception site, the Lochmoor Club. Anne Marie had scoped out the whole golf course earlier so that she, Chris and I could nab a couple of golf carts and tool around all by ourselves during some of the cocktail hour. What bliss! We stopped where she wanted and was super receptive to my suggestions (which are always made on the spot and have to do with great light, unfettered backgrounds as well as composition). After we’d toured the better half of the course and zoomed all over the place willy nilly, we headed into the hall. A short while later during dinner I went to start editing for my best of the day slideshow and my heart stopped and my stomach lurched. My small digital card wallet was missing from my camera bag. That meant all of my cards from before the wedding through most of the formals were GONE. I was pretty sure they must have fallen out at one of the three spots I’d been rolling around on the ground on the course.... but holey moley... we’d been EVERYWHERE. And what if it wasn’t there... what if it had fallen out back at the park when I’d last changed cards? Needle in a freaking haystack. The manager calmly said he’d send someone out to look. We were losing light fast at this point, they had no idea where I’d been or what exactly they were looking for. I decided I had exactly 10 minutes to spend trying to retrace my steps. I fled to the nearest caddy, heart pounding and he gallantly, calmly said he’s be happy to find whatever I was looking for. If we hadn’t found it in 10 minutes, he said he’d keep looking. We zoomed like a bat out of hell all over the place. Wasn’t in the first spot I’d army crawled. Heart starts lurching.  Wasn’t on the second hill I’d rolled over on... now the nausea is really starting to rise. I said a quick prayer and ten seconds later we rounded the spot to the third location and there is was!!!! Nobody would’ve found that thing until the lawn mower ran over it... of that I’m sure!  So thanks to a GREAT caddy named Eric, we were back within 7 minutes. Still too nauseous to eat, I quickly edited my slideshow before the band started playing. I let Anne Marie on the chain of events and have now permanently changed where I store my cards! Never again! The night ended with merriment, great dancing, lots of family fun and a nice pack of Tums totally consumed by yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment