Monday, May 17, 2010

St. Hugo Wedding - Kara & Jim














So many high school sweethearts this past year... amazing! And we're not talking about couples that are 18, either. These are couple's who've been together all through their college experiences, sometimes separate college experiences and often beyond. And yet, they still end up together through it all. This wedding had it all... high winds, stormy weather, abnormally cold weather, burst of rain and hail (we missed that part!). Didn't phase Kara a bit! I've decided to quit gushing about my brides and grooms during my blogs. Turns out, I like them all and waxing poetic about each and every one of them might get a little boring for everybody reading, so I've decided to impart wedding tips that I see either from the wedding day, or wedding tips I've gathered along the way, or critiques of locations, other vendors (still hate that word), or anything else that might make other people's wedding day's go a little smoother. So other couples take note; Kara & Jim didn't let potentially the nastiest weather I've seen in years bum them out at all. Instead we had the weather work for us and we were rewarded with an extremely rare rainbow that we were able to see the beginning and end of! Their wedding was at St. Hugo's in Bloomfield and their reception was at Paint Creek Country Club. This place is pretty far off the beaten path in the Lake Orion area, but Kara and her family were raving about how wonderful the staff treated them during their wedding reception planning. I'm always pleased to hear when my clients are happy with the flexible service they receive. Too many wedding halls treat their clients like they're doing them some sort of favor by letting them use their facility. Paint Creek let them drop off their stuff a few days beforehand, helped them set up, said "yes" to just about everything they wanted and were extremely gracious throughout the event! If you'd like to see more wedding photos from my St. Hugo wedding and the reception at Paint Creek, please check out my other blog at; www.themichiganweddingphotographer.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment