Monday, March 1, 2010

Lindsay & Brian's Embassy Suites Hotel Wedding












I’d met Lindsay and Brian last summer at Lindsay’s cousin’s wedding. If you look back through my blogs to the end of August, you’ll find Colleen and Adam’s wedding. You’ll notice that there is some overlap in the cast of characters, especially on the dance floor! They got married and had their reception at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Livonia, Michigan. The ceremony took place in the atrium, which is a nice setting for a wedding. The ceremony was scheduled to begin at 5:00 and since it starts getting dark in earnest around 5:10 in Michigan, I started to sweat the light change immediately. It became obvious to me that we were going to start the ceremony in the light and end it in the dark. I’d just purchased a portable power source and was able to press that into service half way through the ceremony since it was getting much, much too dark to get much out of the ceremony using ambient light. So that’s my lesson for today’s wedding photo blog. Have a back up light source in the wings and ready to rock and roll in case the light you were counting on fails you! My favorite DJ, Dan Nichols, from Michigan wedding DJ was there and my daughter Skye ran the photo booth which got so rowdy I thought they might be drowning out the music! Turns out Brian’s family decided to challenge each other to see who could be the LEAST appropriate in the photobooth. I’m posting the G rated photo booth photos here. If you want to see the R rated Michigan photo booth photos, you’ll have to check out my other blog at www.themichiganweddingphotographer.com. Lindsay and Brian own the X rated ones and can probably use them to bribe their relatives for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment